The PRBA 56th Annual Gala was a great success!
There was great food, drinking and dancing!
oh yeah... and the honorees were...
- Justice Sallie Manzanet-Daniels
- Raul Russi, CEO
- Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, PC
- Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman, LLP
- Dr. Felix V. Matos Rodríguez
- Goya Foods, Inc.
Justice Sallie Manzanet-Daniels
- native New Yorker
- first Latina Justice in NYS Appellate Division, First Department
- Chief Executive Officer of Acacia Network, Inc.
- the largest Puerto Rican-founded organization in New York
- annual budget of more than 130 million in revenue and 200 million in asset dollars
- Buffalo’s first Hispanic police officer and ultimately awarded the department’s Purple Heart when he was shot in the line of duty
Borah, Goldstein, Altschuler, Nahins & Goidel, P.C.
- represents landlords in residential and commercial actions and proceedings related to all aspects of real estate law
Kasowitz, Benson, Torres & Friedman LLP,
- one of the largest litigation firms in the country, represents clients in high-stakes lawsuits involving antitrust, banking, class actions, complex financial products, creditors’ rights and bankruptcy, employment practices, and the list goes on...
Dr. Felix V. Matos Rodriguez
- President of Hostos Community College
- former Secretary of the Department of the Family for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico managing an annual budget of $2.2 billion
- Cum laude graduate of Yale University
- published extensively in the fields of migration, women's, Puerto Rican, Caribbean and Latino studies
- his expert commentary has appeared in leading publications including New York Times, Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, Congressional Quarterly, Diario/La Prensa, list goes on...
- social scientist
ahhh! What can you say about GOYA? Si es bueno, tiene que ser Goya!
Well, did you know that GOYA is
- the only company to ever be honored by The President
- During Hispanic Heritage Month, President Barack Obama honored Goya for its continued success and commitment to the Hispanic community
- The following year, Goya collaborated with First Lady Michelle Obama and the USDA to launch MyPlate/ MiPlato campaign, a national health initiative to help educate Americans on how to eat healthy.
- America’s largest Hispanic‐owned food company and the premier source for authentic Latin cuisine
- over 2,200 high‐quality and affordable food products from the Caribbean, Mexico, Spain, Central and South America
- over 15 facilities throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and Spain
Some trivia, see if you can answer...
Who founded GOYA back in 1936?
Where, in what city, was the small storefront this family opened?
Click to see the answers: